Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 130i coupé ;)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Light_Em_Up View Post
In the last two weeks I have dedicated hours to reading the posts in the 3 Series and Z4 forums on the 3 stage manifold. In posts by "C" in the Z4 forum in 2010 he said that he replaced his single stage manifold with a 3-stage....... and, with no tunes, felt that it was noticably faster to red line, he got no codes nor had any issues with performance, and said that he witnessed the two manifold motors operating.
There is a lot of information by "C" including a diy for installation (on Z4). Another poster is "kirkpart2". Included in the posts is info on AA and ESS tuning.
I'm pretty much at the point where I'm going to start hunting for a used manifold. First though I gotta check and make sure that the wiring is there for the manifold motors.

Jack
This is the thread?
http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=455180

What else have you learned about DISA w/out tune. I know it operates based on RPM value.

For those with AA,the question is still if an AA tune before DISA knows how to use the DISA to get max potential.

"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is
Appreciate 0