01-10-2016, 09:04 AM   #1
pnosker
ti fan
Rep
Drives: 14 12C | 17 X5 50i | 19 M2C

Garage List
NJ Carbon Cleaning Walnut Blasting Service - $300

EDIT---------------

Unfortunately my mechanic friend is no longer taking new customers due to lack of availability.

---------------------

As everyone knows, the N54 intake valves get crapped up with carbon after just a few thousand miles. By 50k, they are restricting intake airflow significantly. It's not as bad as Audi which has a very serious issue (up to 100 hp lost in 100k miles), but it's bad.

A friend of mine is an Audi Mechanic in central NJ but also has his own small shop at his house for weekend and night work. Because he works on Audi a lot, and the dealership he works at uses the BMW walnut blasting system, he is very familiar with the process and equipment. He charges around ~$45 an hour for jobs. I've been using him for suspension stuff that I can't do myself for a few years for my 135i and 535xi wagon.

Anyway, he got a walnut blaster with the BMW manifold system and is doing BMW carbon cleaning now for only $300. His work is awesome and he's located in Hunterdon County. If you need something else, he's likely cheaper than wherever you are taking your car now, too.

I would really recommend him for his work. His name is Phil. He asked me to make his contact information private, so please send me a PM for his information.

Before - 135i with 71000 miles, with meth injection

After

My 535xi looked far worse without meth injection-- so meth really does help.

As for a review, the 135i was misfiring slightly before which is now better. The same happened to my 535xi at 105,000 miles. The 1 feels maybe slightly faster, but with 465 rwhp from my last dyno at 63,000 miles, it's hard to notice. My 535xi feels much faster which has only a tune. I haven't noticed any significant fuel economy improvements, but I'm very happy with the service.

Last edited by pnosker; 04-13-2017 at 08:38 AM..
Appreciate 1