10-08-2016, 10:53 PM   #13
MBan
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_01 View Post
According to turner motorsport the following springs can be used for both 128i and 135i:
31336788891 "T1" Front.
33536788898 "T1" Rear.

AFAIK, the springs with "T1" codes are the softest of the performance springs. For 135i with DCT its normal to use "T2" front and "T1" rear. Otherwise "T3" front and "T2" rear is specified for heavier 135i cars.

The bump stop part numbers are:
31331096099 front
33536788905 rear

I am not aware of anyone who has installed the performance suspension on a 125i, so its a bit unknown if its exactly the same as what Turner motorsport recommend for the US version 128i. I think there is some risk that the ride heights may not be exactly what you expect.
Thanks, John_01. I cross-referenced the Turner part number with RealOEM and it is compatible with US 128i and EU 125i. However, RealOEM says that the kit doesn't include springs. The part number Turner lists for the rear springs doesn't match anything on RealOEM, and the front spring part number turns up a result but says, "the part was not found". Perhaps they're discontinued?

The only online retailer I can find that sells front and springs independently of the kit is GetBMWparts.com which doesn't ship to Australia.

The BMW Performance springs option might be off the list.

DR-JEKL - good point about the VAT. I've sent a couple of emails to make sure the European shops will remove it from a purchase. Without VAT, I'll definitely be able to buy Bilstein B8s or Koni Yellows for under $1,000.

However, once I add springs, the total cost will still be more than the B12 kit from that ebay seller. Really curious if that shop is legitimate.

Titium - do you drive a 135i? If so, with extra weight at the front, your car would be a bit - not sure how much - lower at the front than mine. I really wasn't planning on doing camber plates.
Appreciate 0