SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'sM3 View Post
Furthermore,

There are approximately 350 BMW dealerships in the US and if what you're saying is correct there have only been 35 cars allocated to the US since production started. If you are correct that seems very low? If you tally just the guys that have production numbers or are scheduled for delivery on this forum alone I think you would easily be in the double digits if not close to 20-30 1M's. My point being I believe there more 1M's in the pipeline than what you are saying.
If we're going by what folks are reporting here, just a handful of people have received production numbers in the US. Extrapolate out for the people not visiting the forum, along with information from our members who call around to their area dealers and are told "no we don't have any production", etc., and I still think US allocation (so far) is still under 50 cars.

If we use ~600 as total US allocation through the end of the year, a likely distribution scenario could be:

March-April: <50
May: 75
June: 75
July: 75
August:75
Sept:75
Oct:75
Nov: 75
Dec: 50

So for any one dealer to get 6 out of 75 for the month, it just seems a bit of a stretch. I do hope you are successful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red135 View Post
A large percentage of the people with production numbers or scheduled delivery are outside the US.
Yep.
Appreciate 0