04-12-2012, 06:31 AM   #514
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
I wouldn't consider our cars that slow considering they are a 'luxury brand' car that is completely streetable, comfortable and we spend bugger all on them to get that quick. Most times I have been at the track, there aren't many cars quicker which run street tyres or haven't been worked a fair bit...

I think most of us bought this car because it's a great all round daily driver, not to make it an all out drag racing machine. The appeal of the 135i for me is that the engine is brilliant and responds really well to tuning. The 135i was the first car I ever drove that pulled so hard from down low due to all the torque and I've been addicted ever since.

We all know there are better cars out there to drag race but we're making the most of what we've got, it's all in good fun. The limits of this car performance wise are well known, thanks to guys like Kenny who have done the R&D and documented it along the way.

For a street car and occasional weekend drag/track warrior, it's more than adequate, and in terms of luxury, comfort and features, it ticks all those boxes as well. I think it's normal to get bored after driving the same car every day for 3+ years but with all the modifications I've slowly done during this time, I love the car more than I did the day I brought it home, which says a lot
Appreciate 0