View Single Post
      10-18-2010, 09:54 PM   #91
therealm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 340 MSport

Kurt – I don’t know what more anyone can say seeing you “just don’t believe it.” I’ll give you that most will not feel the 8lb loss if the cars are driven back to back and honestly given where most 1M’s will spend the majority of their lives (the street), the cf roof is a moot point and more for looks. BUT, there is definitely a reason for using it and there would be quantifiable data if someone put the test together. It may be only a few tenths a lap on a given short distance track, but that’s still a few tenths. And there is no auto engineer in the world that wont’ view that as better performance. Now the improvement may not be directly felt as a “handling” improvement per say, but it could help in a more indirect way. For example, slightly less weight transfer in a corner means less work the tires have to do cornering, which means power can be put down sooner, and they run cooler. Which intern means they will go longer before getting greasy, allow more braking force, and work more consistently. Again all things that are positive. Now if we go to the approx 44 lbs lost with no sunroof and then a CF roof, well that is something that I honestly think you would feel just on a 270 onramp with the sales rep riding shotgun.

In the end, I don’t’ really care if it has a CF roof or not. All I really want is Lemans or Interlagos Blue.
Appreciate 0