11-03-2014, 02:46 PM   #2
amsnow440
Olmec's Temple Guard
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i 6MT, 05 Legacy GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremere613 View Post
Hey guys

I'm new to the forums, just bought a 2009 135i (manual)M-package convertible with 18k miles with some cpo warranty left over. (pictures coming soon!)

A few questions and some back story...

I went from a mustang to a project miata.... I instantly fell in love with the level of involvement with the miata and wanted something slightly more practical as a daily... searched for a 128i but winded up getting a 135i because it was just too much of a good deal. (I'll let you know if it still is after my first service only time will tell)

My overall question is how do I increase my level involvement with this car??
please dont make fun of me but I miss reving the crap out of my car but with the 135i if I rev to 5k I'm already going 90+mph (exagerating off course)

1.I'm looking for a retro sounding exhaust not anything really loud, but cracking burbling would be great.. any mufflers that you guys could recommend to me?

2. Best short shift kit? I can barely tell the difference between 3rd and 5th..and I would like the action to be more rifle bolt like....
should I just get the bmw performance one so I do not void my warranty/destroy my tranny?

3. Best front license plate bracket? Cpe?

thanks for all of your input!!

Hello, welcome! Congrats on the new ride!

For starters, the N54 is the wrong engine to be winding out; it's not an N/A engine(obviously) and shouldn't be driven as such. The meat of the power band is between roughly 2000 rpm and 6000 rpm anyway.

1. For something "not loud" I'd probably say the BMW Performance Exhaust. While it's pricey, IMO it sounds perfect for someone looking to add a bit of sound and that ever-so-desired burble.

2. I happen to like the stock feel, so I have no experience with SSKs

3. I currently have the RHO-Plate and love its versatility. http://rhoplate.com/index.html