View Single Post
      08-01-2007, 08:58 PM   #7
128er
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagolfer24 View Post
I am going to have to agree with this. I have also heard prices around those numbers. I hope that is true. I think that BMW really wants to make a splash with this car, and truth be told if they ask too much for it it could be a huge bust. I know that this car is going to be awesome, and I will be buying one if the price is right. But even given the specs, how can you justify $36K-$37K for an entry level car? I believe that amount of $$ will scare off too many buyers.

I am 23 and this car comes out 2 days before my b-day. Talk about the best birthday present ever.... Anyways, I know there alot of people my age that would seriously consider a car of this quality for $30K-$32K. Not to mention the kids that have their parents to buy it for them (no offense to anyone). But if they ask $35-$37K? I bet the number decreases by 30%. I know I wouldn't be able to afford that extra $5K, as much as I want this car. They can charge more and sell less, or charge less and sell alot more. It just seems to me that they can't afford to charge too much.

Or maybe I am just wearing my BMW goggles praying I can afford one. Either way, if they charge $35-$37K there will be losing at least one customer..... me.

You are sooo right. The 128i is targeting a younger market who wants an entry level BMW. People who are ~20-25 cannot afford a $35,000 car. BMW won't put a car at a price that you can get a 3 series at!
Appreciate 0