631twentyeighteye
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprgnat View Post
My budget was ≤$60k

The 135 was never on my list, nor were any other turbocharged cars. None of the domestics appealed to me. Not buying a Genesis (Just out prejudice. Never even test drove. I just associate Hyundai with Rodney King much as I associate Dodge with Al Bundy.) Infiniti just seemed like they were trying to be BMW/Mercedes. I had a 510 not a 240Z, so the 128I seemed a more natural pick to me than the 370Z. I'm more of an upright coupe kinda guy, which also ruled out the Cayman and FR-S/BRZ (plus the Scion and Subaru dealers pissed me off). No Miata or Boxster as I'm restoring a 64 Austin Healey 3000 and don't need another convertible. There're already too many 3 series on the road (though not so much the coupe).

I have an M-Sport Le Mans Blue, 6MT aboard the Gentle Leader about half way across the Atlantic. Only options were heated Oyster Boston leather seats. Would have liked xenons, but didn't want the adaptive light control or the Premium Package at all.

It's just a great car to drive and I think it looks gorgeous.

Depo's are always an option over the ugly(imho) halogens. Mine 128 has no options except heated seats as well, though the PO put 264 style rims on it thankfully. And i added msport suspension because the stock non sport suspension is just too mushy even for day to day.