United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Fasst1 View Post
Hello everyone,
I have owned a 135 for about a year now and this is my first post. Thank everyone for sharing their knowledge. It has been very helpful. As you know our turbo cars generate more heat than na cars. I have not had any issues, but would like to improve on this.I dont track the car, but do have fun on the back roads.On hot days and heavy traffic I notice oil temp rising. I have thought about the BMW PPK which would add a stronger cooling fan and a additional radiator. Another up grade would be a larger oil cooler such as DINAN that is about twice the size of our stock unit. Has anyone with either of these upgrades noticed any improvement?
What ranges of oil temps are you seeing and at what temps outside? Typically I see around 240-250 at the very most during hard driving in temps above 80 degrees. Usually when the ambient temps are lower and im just driving around usually its at 230 average. I have the HPF intercooler and DCI but no tune yet so..
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
Water is the primary cooling agent for the internal combustion engine. What you want is additional water cooling and not oil cooling. With better water cooling you will see lower oil temps as well. Not to rain on the oil cooler manufacturer's parade, but that is the fact. Until water cooling issues are addressed, you will only see minimum drop in oil temps even with larger oil coolers.
Soo what are the options for this, other then Meth which I def dont wanna get involved in?
Appreciate 0