View Single Post
      06-21-2012, 07:09 PM   #7
1911A145
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by atiened1 View Post
I should've done research on tire removal before going to the shop. I looked at the mechanic as he was removing the tire from the wheel and he was prying it out by shoving a tool to separate the tire from the wheel. I did not know better at the time, so thought nothing of it. Damaged rims is the last thing I expected since I thought STS Tires was a reputable shop.

But after some quick research online now, he should not have been doing that and should've instead used a machine that protects the wheel while removing the tire, which he quite obviously did not do.

Im going back tomorrow morning to speak with the manager, so I will see if STS Tires will repair the damage they caused, or if they do not care about customers and make up an excuse.
The reason he did not is because the run flat tires are notorious for breaking them and it probably did break it. so he instead grabbed the prybar and "showed that tire whos boss"...

Talk to the manager, call the guy an idiot, demand a NEW RIM. accept nothing less.
Appreciate 0