09-13-2012, 10:53 PM   #12
MinionM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 // 2020 M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by int2str View Post

*Anything* is better than the stock tires . The V12s aren't great, but certainly much better than stock. If you still have a choice, again, Star Specs or RS-3 are much better.

Installing camber plates will require a new alignment. So if you plan on doing camber plates soon (which you should ), don't worry about the alignment first. If you're not doing camber plates soon, get an alignment first and ask them to pull the alignment pins on the top of the shock towers.

Ask Seth for his "go-fast" alignment

The 135i (and most recent non-M BMWs) has a very neutral camber setup (<1 degree). Camber plates allow you to adjust camber to a much wider range. For autocross you'll probably want around -2.5 to -3 degree camber out front.

This will do 2 things:
1. Your car will turn-in much quicker and handle better
2. Your tires will wear more evenly and you won't ruin the shoulders on your tires.

It quite transforms the handling of the car.

Mine are from TC Kline (who've just released a new model that looks interesting):
http://www.tcklineracing.com/webdocs...Details811.cfm

But most here recommend Ground Control:
http://www.ground-control-store.com/.../II=842/CA=206

I really would take it easy with the mods in the beginning. Trust me, between stickier rubber and *maybe* camber plates, you'll improve quite a bit - especially with additional seat time.

Absolutely! I've done my first auto-x about 2 years ago and haven't missed one since .
I'm very happy to help out.

Perfect - I definatly still have time to change my tires... The set isnt due in until 9/27 so i can change the order... I will see what else the company offers.

Camber plates - DONE - I saw the vorshlag ones, looked very easy to adjust, but if the ones above come recommended, i will have them before the next event

What about springs... Eibach Pro kit, H&R Super Sport?? When i change the springs should i also change the shocks??

Current Garage:
2012 M3 ZCP, Mineral White, DCT: Track Build
2020 M2CS, Misano Blue, 6MT
Appreciate 0