View Single Post
      01-08-2009, 08:29 AM   #50
Night1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony@rissracing View Post
They will figure it out I'm sure. Do you have the service records of what they have checked. If so give me a call tomorrow I'll see if I can have our techs help nail down the problem...
If they will give me a record of what they checked I will send it to you. As for now, I can barely get updates on my car. Thanks for the help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
At this point I'm wondering if our internet diagnosis is accurate, based on the information. There's got to be something else in play here. There's no way this many experienced people have failed to diagnose a slipping clutch. I was able to do that by the time I was 16 years old, and I'm certain a BMW field engineer could do it. :iono:
At this point I'm as stumped as the BMW engineers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123D-M View Post
If it's like mine it's an intermittently slipping clutch which is more difficult to diagnose. I swapped cars with the customer service manager for a night so he would hopefully experience the problem and of course it didn't do it.
This makes the most sense to me, and so far your car's problem is the closest I can find to mine. BMW head tech (and apparently the engineers now) currently doesn't think it's the clutch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
It was asked earlier in the thread, and the OP said the engine is indeed revving up as the tach moves. Given that information (and assuming it's correct) the answer is so obvious I can't believe they haven't gotten to the root of the problem after this amount of time. :iono:

Of course, my service department has proven incapable of even properly performing a routine service, so at this point I guess I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they can't figure out a slipping clutch.
You're correct, as stated before, the engine revs along with the tach.
Appreciate 0