View Single Post
      10-29-2010, 05:31 PM   #5
msos
always been a BMW fan.........
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Porsche 997

I have had mine on PBIR and Homestead now and Sebring next week November 7th.......my first impression is as follows:

On the PLUS side, quickes up and downshifts humanly possible and never into the wrong gear, also if you are in too high a gear and you floor it, it will downshift on its own, and if you are too high revs, it will upshift for you. This helps for your first few outings especially while you are getting used to the car on track, the DCT does some of the thinking for you.

On the NEGATIVE side, its much harder to be sure you are in the correct gear and at times I find I have downshifted to too low a gear as the engine is quiet (with helmet on), here a 6 speed physically putting it in gear is more natural as we all know which corner you are going to take in which gear after a while on the same track..............

Sebring will be the big test as its much longer more technical track as my first 3 events were more to "set" the suspension and I have NOT been very focussed on the DCT.......All in all, I am thinking BOTH are excellent choices.....as this is my daily driver too, the DCT has come in very useful when on the phone in the car or in traffic, but if this were more of a regular track toy I think I would possibly opt for the 6 speed if I could change my mind............
Appreciate 0