03-03-2008, 07:58 PM   #96
linus
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335xi, 08 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanbmw View Post
I don't think a high interest rates will hurt the 1 series sales. My sales rep said they have had lots of early interest in the 1 series and plenty of presales. He thouht there was a little more then they had with the 335 coupes. He said the 335 coupes sold out incredibly quick last year. Because the 1 series is getting so much interest before there are any in the Canadian dealerships...I'm sure they will have a big line up of buyers once they are on display.
What this all means for the company is 'cha ching'. Little to no discount off MSRP, insane lease and financing rate and a crowd of people lining up. I'm not sure I agree with a statement above that the 1er is an absolute bargain compared to any other BMW under these conditions unless you're paying cash. As I've commented before, the Company is asking buyers of the 1er to pay up relative to the 3 series. No discount and an absurd lease rate means many will be paying close to 3 series. My E92 335i monthly payment will be equal to or less than many comparably configured 135i given my 5% discount off MSRP and 3.9% lease rate.

For this reason, I've cancelled my 128i cabrio order.
Appreciate 0