View Single Post
      06-01-2015, 08:14 PM   #40
Eddy@ApexWheels
Rep
Drives: E30 M3, F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexResistance View Post
This. seriously. Not even being able to fulfil current 18" orders and they wanna design a new 17" specific fitment wheel. I call BS as well.
I posted a length response in another thread, which you can read here. I outlined the issues that resulted in a lengthy, but temporary shortage of 18" sizes. That problem is almost resolved now.

We've increased our team size, and we're using some newly developed tools to better manage and develop new projects like this. We've received a lot of feedback via the skunkworks site and we'll share information once we've analyzed to further.

To note: we have not selected offsets yet. I know this thread's title and poll already lists specific offsets, but those are not what we are pursuing, which may be creating some confusion. If a 17x9" wheel is produced the offset will be higher than ET45 from what we've seen so far. ET45 does not seem ideal. This car needs a true custom solution. An offset in the low 50's will be more ideal for r-compound fitment of meaty tires

We will conduct tests at multiple offsets to determine an ideal fit, and we will bring that recommendation back to the group for discussion and further voting.