View Single Post
      03-04-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
Lubo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 15 335 iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by M135 View Post
No, this isn't a which is better thread, just a little info about a couple runs my buddy and I had last night.

I have a bone stock 2011 N55 6MT with stock RFT

He has a 07 E92 auto with DCI, intercooler, downpipes, and beta test JB4. He has some all season tires on it for winter right now.

First run was 60MPH, I was in 3rd and so was he. He had the JB4 on map5 (autotune). I jumped the 3rd honk and pulled a nose or so, we stayed even through about 80MPH then he started to pull and in my shift to 4th kicked DCT on and he was gone. My head start gave me the nose on him and if I hadn't had that I think it would have been a blow out.

Second run was again 60MPH, 3rd again. He turned the JB4 to map2 and this wasn't even a race, he pulled several cars midway through 3rd.

We stopped to eat at this point. Got back out about 45 mins later

I told him to do a stock map, and he wanted to be in 2nd versus 3rd and I oblidged, so we did a 40 MPH run. On 3rd honk I pulled and never looked back, kept him at least a car behind me up to 100.

Final run was him back to map 2 at around 45MPH. I started in 2nd and so did he. I granny shifted the 2nd to 3rd gear and kicked DCT again, so this was basically a huge blow out I was well behind.

His car without DP's on the JB3 map 5 with race gas on some Falken FK452's ran a 12.7 at our local track.

I know 2 different cars, but thought it was interesting that the e92 needed DP's, DCI, and intercooler to make up the weight difference between them. They were good runs and makes me excited about the potential in the N55
FYI DCT= Dual Clutch Transmission; DTC=Dynamic Traction Control
Appreciate 0