View Single Post
      01-16-2009, 07:21 PM   #99
Night1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnpower View Post
I'm not sure if BMW would go for a payment, but you might be able to get some extra performance parts for compensation. CF pieces, exhaust, steering wheel, nose protector. It never hurts to ask. You definitely deserve more than a returned car.
That would be nice if they did that. And I couldn't have stated it better when you said that I deserve more than just a returned car at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123D-M View Post
Hey, so now that they finally agree it's the clutch slipping, have they identified the cause?

In my case it was oil getting between the clutch plates during gear changes.

If they just replace your clutch without addressing the cause it will happen again.
They haven't identified the cause yet, and I agree that it will happen again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
This sounds like the most reasonable cause to me. It would take some pretty good abuse to actually wear one out this soon. Another possibility is something wrong with the hydrualic system that's preventing it from fully clamping. Hopefully they'll realize what's going on now that they're finally off the damn ECU and actually turning wrenches!

I'm still trying to get over the software update to fix a slipping clutch.
Yep!!!!! Only the finest from BMW service.... :roundel:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvaccaro View Post
Maybe some oil got into the ECU and made the bytes to slip..... LOL
I would mention this possibility to them but then they might keep my car for another month trying to find it! :biggrin:
Appreciate 0