View Single Post
      03-28-2022, 06:00 PM   #58
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

Old thread, but still valuable, so I'm bumping it.

Going to get some 2-piece rotors from ShocknAwe . I've only got 30k on my stock pads and tons of life left, but if I decide to replace them it's obviously a good time (If I do I'll replace Fr & Rr pads both).

Street driven, a bit aggressively, but not too. I have it in my head it's a race car but let's face it, it spends most of its time getting me to work and such. If I do track it, I can change components out then if needed.

I'm a fan of some initial bite, linear feel, and maybe most of all cold stops. I don't drive in the salt or snow but there are occasional zero degree days where the roads are spotless and I take it out. And since I have a manual and tend to just coast to stops it's not like the brakes get a lot of warming up.

Considering Porterfield R4-S, EBC Redstuff, Stoptech street (2022 version), and more stock pads. I've been farting around stressing the stock pads the last few days and for street driving... they're actually pretty decent. Obviously not race ready but for a daily driver pretty decent.

Any 2022 opinions or updates form folks out there?

Last edited by tracer bullet; 03-28-2022 at 06:34 PM..
Appreciate 0