View Single Post
      12-30-2012, 11:38 AM   #15
Dosturbos
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F48 X1 MSport

I also came from heavily modded Suby, I had a stage 3 externally gated 2011 WRX. I had it putting down 375AWHP/380TQ before returning to stock and selling for a 135i.
Anyway, if you think you're car is feeling boosty, like not linear at all, you should think about getting rid of stock charge pipe and intercooler as well as all the crappy fittings/couplings in between. if you look at the stuff, it is cheap plastic/thin rubber not capable of holding high boost levels.
Sounds like you're off to a fine start though. You should take your Cobb somewhere where you can get it pro-tuned, I have found the custom map to be far superior to the OTS Cobb stuff, way less throttle sensitive and not boosty feeling.

Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter_Sobchak View Post
...is the 135I not so capable of handling extra boost? Santa Claus brought me an AFE intake and a Cobb Accessport and after installing it I've been playing with the 93 octane map. AMAZING power, however it seems the stock boost management and plumbing doesn't seem up to snuff. Difficult to achieve consistent/smooth pulls and almost seems like it's surging. Is it me or is it the DTC, funky limited slip, RWD, or inadequate plumbing that makes it seem so rough in 2nd/3rd gear pulls? My only other boosted car was an STI and it seemed much more capable of handling added psi and put down power much smoother even factoring in the AWD.

Looking to see if my experience is typical, and your opinions.

By the way, my '07 STI with meth, down pipe, axle back, CAI, bigger intercooler, pro tune, under driven accessories and Cobb couldn't hold a candle to the 135 with the meager mods listed above. Very impressive from someone new to the 135. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0