06-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #32
BiscottiGelato
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 135i M Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmane View Post
In all honesty the EC-7 was a consideration and I love the look of the alf. But I'm tired of that style wheel, I wish we had a bit more options in wheel styles. It's like each company brings out the same wheel and they call it a "new" wheel for the 1 when really its more of the same and I don't have the unlimited bank roll to spend of $1000 a piece wheels so kinda forced to pick from the 2 or 3 available wheel styles out there which most of them are similar to each other.. Sorry for the rant
If your only concern is the look/style, then yes, there's a lot of wheels that looks very similar to each other. There's a reason why there are so many of them, it's because it's a good style for the car.

Now, if the concern extends to durability (thnk Breytons), performance/fitment (heavy stock/VMR wheels/big 19"ers), and price (forged...), then there isn't that many choices, even for the style which got the abundant options so far. EC-7 is by far the only choice that gives all 3 of the above and some concativity to boot. For a car with 1-off size/offset combo like the 1er's, just can't complain. Now if you want more wheel styles to choose from, you just basically have bought the wrong car...