View Single Post
      04-21-2008, 06:09 AM   #24
mprhead5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

rarly is a softer front bar the way to go. a stiffer front bar can improve turn in but will result in more understeer at higher speeds.
A rear bar change can make all the differance especaly if it was one of the things traded off by the engineers in an attempt to make the ride more comfortable. an adjustable rear bar will most likly help but I always sudgest tracking the car stock to get a baseline Idea of how the car behaves so you can tell what kind of effects the new parts are having and what parts need to be addressed. If you just change the bar based on what you feel while street driving you could end up overdoing it and find your rear end sliding out on fast sweepers.

You really need to ge the car up to speed to accuratly measure handling dynamics. That means track day. Not autocross but TRACK. at autocross speeds wou won't be able to accuratly judge the effects of the change. For instance the added turnin from a stronger front bar will help in the slow tigh autocross but you may find the overall handling limmit at full speed to be reduced.

go and buy some books on suspension tuning so you will know how to Identify handling charicteristics and what you can do to change them. I have a great one with a honda prelude on the cover called "How to make your car handle" I think
Appreciate 0