View Single Post
      04-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #5
1Pirate
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

I'd recommend the M3 (E93) FSB and M3 control arms and tension rods before going the M3 rear subframe bushing route. Nothing wrong with going with the rear M3 subframe bushings, but in my opinion the other mods are a better bang for the buck. You'd be surprised at how much better the car drives and feels with just those mods. You can always add the rear subframe bushings later.

I also think updating the dampers is a good plan too. The Koni FSDs are nice if you want to have something that you install and forget about. The Koni Sports are also nice and give you the ability to adjust the damping. I have the Koni Sports and really like them.

Regardless of what you do about the dampers if you are going to change them I recommend that you also change the springs too or in the alternative consider a set of coilovers. It's really not much more work to change the springs when changing the dampers. BMW Performance springs are a good alternative with the Konis. Another option is to find a set of 2011 or later M sport springs because BMW switched from progressive to linear springs beginning in the 2011 model year. That's what I did. I've got a set of 2011 M sport springs that I picked up from a fellow forum member who upgraded to coilovers and Koni sports. I really like the combination with my M3 FSB, control arms and tension rods.

Last edited by 1Pirate; 04-25-2012 at 08:37 AM..
Appreciate 0