View Single Post
      01-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
scotth944
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 86' 944, 12' Gulf R

Front Spoiler Repair

I am trying to resurrect my Slek front spoiler after it was damaged during a high speed run and was wondering if there were any recommendations on who has experience in doing CF repair or if my ideas on how to address the damage is a bad idea.
The front lower “chin” is scraped up a bit after dragging across the pavement but has not penetrated past the material. The rear top and bottom halves have separated across most of the back side edge. I was thinking I could fill the hollow center with insulating foam spray to resecure the top and bottom halves.
I am also trying to come up with a way to attach the front edge to the car which is as resilient as my OEM rear spoiler was without making it a permanent piece of the car (epoxy). The BMW double sided foam tape seems to be strong but I don’t know if the body surface needs to be treated or conditioned first before you try to secure foam tape to it to generate a strong bond? My last attempt was to just use water and wipe it off on a 60-65F day which did not seem to work as well as thought it could.
Here are some pics to see what I’m dealing with.

Name:  IMG_7553.JPG
Views: 718
Size:  153.5 KB

Name:  IMG_7557.JPG
Views: 735
Size:  126.2 KB

Name:  IMG_7567.JPG
Views: 718
Size:  74.4 KB

Name:  IMG_7568.JPG
Views: 697
Size:  53.4 KB

I loved the product on my car and appreciate any advise.
Attached Images

Last edited by scotth944; 01-11-2013 at 08:06 PM..
Appreciate 0