Australia
Rep
Drives: M140i F20 LCI-2

Garage List
2018 BMW M140i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSavage View Post
Pro-tip #1

The plastic plugs retaining the carpet to the body are different from the Left vs Right side of the car on a US spec 2010 135.

The left side is a 2 stage retaining clip, remove the inner, smaller, plug first and it comes out easily. I messed with it for 3 minutes before I realized I was being a numpty. The right side is a simple expanding, thick, fastener that is basically ruined once you remove it. Good thing it doesn't have to withstand much force.

Other than the plastic fasteners the job is incredibly easy and Dack's DIY is excellent.

I do have concerns over the rubber ducting not sitting flush with the body of the car in the rain channels, I'm thinking that water is definitely going to find its way into the lights. Any suggestions? Fixes?
This could be a non issue but I am very pedantic and have an anal attentive attention to detail. It's the engineer in me.
@MLSavage: The funny things is that BMW replaced both my tail lights with updated stock lights (as Dack started out with) under warranty, and it is exactly the same in that I had to try and get the rubber further under the boot rubber. It just looks like a design weakness to me. Sorry for the sacrilege in saying BMW could possible have a design flaw.
Appreciate 0