View Single Post
      12-04-2010, 04:25 AM   #186
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mineo77 View Post
with a tune you will get more bang for your buck, however without other mods running a tune can be unsafe for you motor so ultimately you will want more mods to also squeeze out the full benefit of a tune. Yes you can plug in a tune, run 16-19psi on a stock motor...but for how long?? If you want to be safe on a stock car running a tune, I would not boost more than 12 and probable stay there or just below.

with a tune you also have warranty considerations and having to remove etc each service call...which isnt that big of a deal but some may not like that hassle.

exhaust is nice cause once installed you keep it there, you make your car sound much better and you will get some HP increase (not too much, but 10-15 at least).

i personally feel tune-only cars are pointless, you either go for it or not. if you are looking to gradually do things then either way you go you will be happy. I personally started with exhaust and FMIC then did other things.

good luck!!!have fun!!! and remember, there is no such thing as too much horsepower!!! (HPF moto!)
Unless of course you have stock half shafts lol.

I really think these engines can hold 600hp+