View Single Post
      11-06-2010, 09:23 PM   #66
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Sounds like you've summed it up pretty well Kenny. Your conclusions are pretty consistent with all the research I've done and you've done all the dynos to back it up. I was just wondering, have you considered maybe dropping in an aftermarket intake to possibly try and crack the 300rwkw? I'm aware the Aussie dynos read a lot lower and I've never been absolutely sure whether there are substantial gains but it's worth a shot (not that you need that power though lol!) Also, I'd imagine if you were really trying to squeeze out all the extra ponies you could try a bigger fmic. Also, does the CPE exhaust have any restrictions ie. mufflers, cats? If it were me I wouldn't bother but if you really wanted to crack the 300rwkw that's probably your best bet for now. As you said, the bolt-ons don't really do much for overall gains when weighing up the power to cost ratio but I think they help support engine in pumping out this much power, especially if it's your daily driver. Better airflow, cooler air, less restrictive exhaust will all help in the long term.
Appreciate 0