View Single Post
      04-21-2011, 02:08 PM   #14
comar1979
130i Treiber
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 130i

Garage List
Another for you... You get the cheaper Cars, Parts ...  i Need a Greencard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsabor67 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by comar1979 View Post
But 95db isnt everything! You Need it TÜV approach to get it Street legal... I am 100% sure that the Berk got not the TÜV Papers... So youre loosing your Abe of your Car and the insurance Company wont Pay anything ( in Case )

So, its Not easy to put some Import Stuff on your Car, at least in Germany... If you got som "rubbing Tyres" for example, you wont get a TÜV sign, without a TÜV sign your Car is Not Street legal...
It's a bit different for US Service Members assigned in Germany. We get our vehicles inspected through the base by German and "qualified" US personnel. We go through 2 guidelines which is the US motor vehicle regulation based on TUV guidelines. By what I was told, the 95db is the limit that they recognize as "loud enough" guidelines.

Our registrations do not need to be stamped by TUV due to the Status of Forces Agreement (SoFA), Someone please chime in if i'm wrong... but our vehicles can fail inspection by some issues that TUV does follow like the 10cm height clearance for example (biggest PITA when inspecting my E30 before)

Long story short: We don't get stamped by TUV, but our inspections are in a way guided by US and German/European guidelines.
# BMW 130i /// + SPARCO Assetto Gara 8x18 bronze + KW + PP SteeringWheel II +PP Exhaust +PP Kidneys + PP AirFilter + PP Style Flaps + PP SS Kit + AC-Schnitzer Gear Knob + MorVision Diffusor + LCI Blacklines high + GroundZero-Audio #
Appreciate 0