06-23-2011, 01:54 AM   #10
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ippykaye View Post
I've been doing some reading on this HPFP issue as I'm in the market for a 135. It seems it's prone to happen on both the N54 an N55. The main reason I initially was gunning for an N55 was because to avoid HPFP issues, but seeing as it applies to both, I'm now considering N54 cars too and saving some $.

The dealers I've been asking (some who are ex-BMW techs) say it's more common on the 335 rather than the 135. Shame Aussie dealers don't have official documentation on warranty coverage etc. I do remember that there was something on the news about it sometime last year. ACA or TT stuff.

I'm yet to be an owner, but from my own research, main difference between 08 and 09 is that Sat Nav changed from flip screen to the current cowled screen. Not sure if MY09 cars had the new shortcut buttons around the knob (signifying the current iDrive interface). Not sure if they dropped voice control from ProNav either. Maybe some of the owners can help out.
There are more 335i around, and they are older. The newer pumps are better, but they still fail.

The new idrive and fixed screens started on October 08 production which means means most 08/12 compliant models has the new idrive and it has voice control still. I also believe the MY10 has voice control on pro nav, but don't hold me against it.

I don't know if the current MY11 has voice control, but I know I am looking at the 5er and they no longer have voice control as standard.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0