Thread: N55 Midpipe
View Single Post
      06-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #12
providence
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 35xi, F15 X5 (35d), 1M

Did my N55 switch 2days ago (after much back and forth between MD pipes) Frist thing, on my drive back from my dealer .... The drone was all but GONE!!!
There was hardly a noticeable difference on start-up and idle.. And driving on highway was quiter ( bue to lack of drone)... Didn't do much pulls because I had the original pipes in the car stretching from the trunk to the front passenger seat w little room to spare... Didn't want to scratch interior parts.
But on returning home pulling into my garage she made a nice little durable that made even my wife smile!!
I'm not after the boy racer sound... And I suspect that there is yet to be a deepened note once we get some carbon build-up. (after 6300 miles on the original pipes they definitely sounded much better than they did last yr... The N55's are as good or slightly better brand new)
All in all for the cash lay-out I'm happy w my choice... The drone is gone.. Sound will be better... And if not to my specs then I'll add an akrapovic axle back and call it a day.
Appreciate 0