Space Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xShadows View Post
I'm just trying to stay positive and hoping that it's not totaled. If it's not I'm going to look into getting the 1M kit or at least the bumper / fenders... as well as matt black grills and hood. :P I hit him sooo square on the side that all of my glass is in-tacked. They gave me an over the phone appraisal of 28k for the car.. I don't think the damage is going to cost that.. 15k tops from the looks of it. Lets just hope the frame and engine is fine!
If you don't want to have to modify the wheels/tire balance (which would be necessary with a 1M conversion, since it's a widebody), you could also go for one of the many other choices at a similar or cheaper price. If I were in your place, I'd consider the following setup:

BMW Performance front bumper ($500ish)
BMW Performance side skirts ($500ish)
CF vented hood ($700ish)
M3-style fenders from Schmiedmann ($800ish)
Upgraded FMIC, since yours was probably damaged ($700ish)
Aftermarket wheels of your choice

(add in the cost of paint)
Overall, I think you might actually end up spending less this way.

Come to think of it, it sounds like you're getting a great opportunity to do mods for which the rest of us have to pay full price.
Mods completed: JB4+ & FBO || LSD || BMW-P suspension + F/R sway bars || 18" Breyton GTS-R || M3 front bushings || Vogtland camber plates || BMW-P rotors + Stoptech pads |||| Acquired, not installed: BMS WW Meth kit || Logic HVI intake || Mishimoto OCC |||| Shopping for: Summer tires
Appreciate 0