View Single Post
      11-07-2010, 04:58 PM   #73
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Not sure how much drag racing you guys have done, but if you take a car that is capable of 11s with optimal tyres and driver, and then alter the tyres and/or driver, you can have massive losses in the time achieved (like >1s). However the MPH you achieve will not change much. Kenny has ALOT more driving experience than most, so I think it is pretty optimal in that regard... but with stock run flats and no LSD, I don't expect an 11. I think a mid 12 is more realistic.... but don't take this as making excuses... this is just the way it is with drag racing. The real test of the capability of the car is in the MPH. With the power it is making, it should pass 120+ MPH which is supercar territory. From the MPH you can then take a guess at what it would achieve with drag radials with a good 60 foot. I have not doubt the car would do an 11 with drag radials and LSD, but don't get the hopes up on street tyres.

Moral of post.... Elapsed time (ET) over 400m will have more to do with grip than power. MPH over 400m has more to do with power than grip. I think a stock 135i with drag radials, could probably do a quicker (lower ET) pass than a powerful 135I on street tyres.

-- Adrian
Appreciate 0