View Single Post
      02-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #27
vantagesc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig Farmer View Post
IMHO you should at a minimum consider swapping out your sway bar for an E92 M3 sway bar. The M3 sway bar will help reduce body roll without sacrificing comfort. I would also pull the pins in the strut towers and max out your negative camber. You'll only get a couple 10ths of a degree of additional negative camber, but doing this will help you retain some of your steering percission (especially since you are going +1 on your tire size). These minor mods will pay for themselves through improved tire wear, but keep in mind that finding the perfect balance can be a slippery and costly slope. Good luck!
The OP's description of how he uses the car does not suggest to me that a stiffer sway bar is necessary. Most drivers simply dislike the feel of roll, rather than its affect on the suspension geometry (i.e. he's not experiencing understeer on normal roads). But it's a fairly cheap mod luckily.

First1,
Yes, bushings wear over time, some more than others. Usually it gives the car more of a sloppy feeling than lack of absorption.
Appreciate 0