View Single Post
      05-18-2012, 11:33 PM   #1307
Hambone
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 TiAg 135i

I'm currently running the 4.01 Beta Stage 2+. Sometimes I notice when I'm starting from a stop and just driving normally, if I creep up to 3k RPM in second gear (maybe 20-30% throttle, I'll have to check next time) and then floor it, it just sounds loud but doesn't go anywhere. Feels like it has no power. But as soon as I'll shift into 3rd gear from 2nd in that scenario, all the power is there and wham, getting thrown into the back of my seat. However, if I just floor it immediately as I come into second without letting it creep up in the RPMs a bit first (not being light on the gas at all), then there's absolutely no issue with power delivery. Is this an issue with turbo setups, some sort of consequence of the way I'm driving it? Or is it possibly a problem with the Cobb 4.01 Beta? I also noticed the same thing when I was running the 4.01 stage 1.

2009 TiAg 135i 6MT - Custom AST 5100 coilovers with Swift springs, Cobb Tuning, DCI, ER FMIC/CP, Tial BOV, AR Design Catted Downpipes, Berk Full Street Exhaust, BMW OEM Performance Rear Spoiler, BMW Black Kidney Grilles

Last edited by Hambone; 05-18-2012 at 11:39 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0