View Single Post
      05-30-2008, 11:10 PM   #25
Motorsports_3
E30 Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135, 1988 325

Well I am sorry for trying to spark some interest, and have people to think outside the box. I just wanted to see peoples opinions. Not always what you deem as wrong is the wrong choice. Im sorry if i have offended you in any way shape of form. And im sorry to the forum member to have wasted your time making you read this thread, and using the bandwidth. Dont worry I have left my H&R's alone, and might go with some Koni adjustables soon, or maybe coils when the competiton gets better.

Im sorry, no I have no affiliation with active autowerke. I wish I did, my car might be quite modded if it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Take a look at the rear springs, they are not a straight, progressive coil. it's Almost urn shaped, and the coils at both ends are formed to fit on specific spring perches. So, (again) if you cut the rear springs (as you were inquiring about), you WILL mess things up, and have springs flopping around, unable to stay in the perches, since you made that 2" opening, to go over the perch, a 5" opening.

Cutting coils might work on straight, linearly coiled springs. These are not manufactured that way.

Again, do you have any affilliation with Active Autowerks? You live where they are, and have it listed as your homepage in your profile.