Thread: Shout out!!
View Single Post
      08-05-2014, 06:37 PM   #5
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Let's make this the official shout out thread!

I also have a shout out of a particularly good customer service from a shop many of us here know, Tyre Power North Melbourne.

So last Friday I picked up my son from school. However somewhere on the way home, we picked up something else - a big screw on the rear left! It was making a very loud noise so I stopped to check it out. My son saw that it was a big screw stuck in the tyre at an angle, which explained the extremely loud noise. We were in the city at this stage, and drove to the closest tyre shop which was in Carlton. It was 4:30 at this point. The tyre shop still had a workman working on a customer's car, but the manager said that they will not accept another job. I pleaded with him and explained to him that the car doesn't come with spares or inflation kit so if it leaks overnight I will have to tow this car to a tyre shop tomorrow. I also told him that I'll pay extra to cover for the overtime if needed. He would not budge and basically said sorry, not interested. I was pretty disappointed with his attitude but thought I better get out of there quickly as there is another tyre shop around the corner. Unfortunately I got the same response and neither of these places even bothered looking at the tyre even though they were standing next to the car. I was pretty annoyed at this point but remembered that Tyre Power North Melb is 5-10 mins away and I should give it a shot.

When I got there it was exactly 5pm. There was a guy there but I don't know his name. I've only dealt with Chris previously and he wasn't there. The guy told me that everyone had left. I explained to him my situation and he proceeded to look at my tyre without me saying anymore. He studied the screw and then went to get some additional lighting and a soap spray. He came back and played with the screw a little, sprayed the soap spray and decided that there was no leak. He gently rolled the screwed around a bit and it came right off, and he tested it further and worked out that the screw had not penetrated far enough to cause permanent issue. With a smile he explained it all to me with the screw in his hand. You can imagine my relieve. I thanked him and he smiled and said have a nice weekend.

What a difference between the Tyre Power guy's response and the stony face a-r-s-e-h-o-l-e-s with the can't be bothered attitude. Yes I understand it was 4:30-4:45 on a Friday, but seriously I would never walk into those places again.

Again, thank you Tyre Power North Melbourne!
Appreciate 0