United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylarax View Post
I wonder how many people with MT rev-match their downshift. 100% of DCT owners do :P

But seriously, doesn't matter what transmission you own, there are going to be people who have it for a different reason.
Good point, and I certainly attempt to rev-match my downshifts. I've often thought how my track times could improve or become more consistent if I were using a DCT, but I still believe I experience more all around enjoyment with the 6MT. Like you said, people choose and enjoy their transmission for different reasons. For those of us who enjoy the 6MT, I think RPM90 said it best:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
For us manual lovers, there simply are some control and feel aspects that even the best dual clutch transmissions can not give. It comes down to that man/mechanical interaction of physically moving and engaging pedals and levers to extract the performance. It's physical, and offers a feel that automation can't give. You can understand it, experience it, accept it, or continue to argue against it with all manner of numbers and stats. But, there is an unmeasurable and unquantifiable aspect to driving a manual.
You either get it or you don't. But, at least respect it.