02-11-2011, 06:48 PM   #9
Redadair
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M #293 - 88 E30 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sq86 View Post
Are you refering to the ED MSRP or US MSRP? Because if you are refering to the US MSRP then you would be nuts to buy the car. The discount is given to BMW NA from the German gov't. The dealer is essinetely credited this from BMW NA. But between ED MSRP and ED Invoice is all dealer profit and depends on whether or not the dealer would give you a discount. This is usually 7%, sometimes up to 9% with options, as I am sure you already know. As a note my CA told me that they would be charging ED MSRP because "dealers in Cali and out west were charging $5 - 10k + above US MSRP for this car, but we have never sold a car for more than MSRP here," lol. When I talked to the Sales Manager about this back in December he said there was no chance for me to get $1-1.5k over ED Invoice. I am going to ask for at least $1k off ED MSRP. I think the ED Invoice and ED MSRP difference will be about $3.2k give or take a few hundred.

Sorry but the German Government doesn't have anything to do with an Auto Manufactures offering a European Delivery plan. VW and Audi do not offer the plan at all, Porsche charges $1200 extra to pick the car up in Germany. BMW and others do it Only to attract customers and try for repeat buyers at their own expense.

Cars that are allocated to dealers are cars that the dealer has to offer to customers in the US at there dealership. Standard Production ED allocated cars do not come out of dealer stock and you essentially deal directly (in a sense) with BMW Germany. The dealer only acts as a transaction point and final delivery point. This is why you must pay BMW in advance for the car prior to leaving on your ED.

BMW discounts these ED cars themselves without any money incentive or money exchange with the local dealer. Even the Window Sticker for an ED car will only show the ED price of the car this price is with the %7 discount not the Retail price of the car.

This is why the dealer is in total control of whether or not they will offer an ED out of their own allocations, more often than not they won't.

As far as the two MSRP prices I think you may find that the price the dealer quoted you isn't the Dealer's cost of the car which is totally different than the ED price or retail MSRP. As rare as these 1M's may end up being it will be extremely unlikely that any dealer will accept less than MSRP for the 1M from their own Allocation period. And I highly doubt that even if BMW changes it's mind and offers non dealer allocated ED you will be able to make a better deal than the %7 off of Full Retail price less Options which aren't included in the discount.
August 8th ED (#293 of 739 or 740)
88 E30 M3 100% OEM 73K Miles
02 E39 M5 Le Mans Blue 50K Miles
06 E46 M3 ZCP 58K Miles
Appreciate 0