View Single Post
      10-27-2005, 10:50 PM   #241
sheppardk
Rep
Drives: 06 325XiT

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIF65GM
Wow you got a fully seriously optioned out 325.

Have you tried e-mailing dealers in the SF area if you don't mind traveling 4 hours to pick-up your car. Lot more competition here.
Yes, it just took them a few days to respond. I mailed six northern California dealers offering $800 over ED invoice. Yesterday, two came back with $1000 over ED and one accepted my offer. The two Sacramento dealers have not responded. The dealer I talked to yesterday said I cannot pick up the car, they must deliver it outside of CA for $275(Bay Area to Reno). In the e-mail he put in bold and underlined that I could not legally drive the car to Reno.

I have a second home near Sacramento that I visit often so it is very simple to pick up the car in Sac or the Bay Area. The only other fees for all were a < $50 doc fee. I do not mind paying the $275, though I am not sure I want someone else to drive the car.

I went back to the Reno dealer today, because last week the sales manager said something like "I guarantee that if you can find a lower price and come back to us price will not be a problem". I told them of the offers I had and they said they best they would do was ED invoice + $2500 and $329 for doc fees. This is $39,470 vs $40,950 I would love to buy from my local dealer but for $1700 more and the “go find it cheaper can then come back to us BS” I cannot.
Appreciate 0