View Single Post
      08-04-2013, 10:37 PM   #15
PrematureApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: N55 X1, N54 135, s54 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukuss View Post
I take it your tracking your car? or are you hitting corners like you stold it? Don't go cheap but invest in a nice set of coilovers, Ohlins, AST, JRZ, TCkline ,and don't forget a set of Camber plates
What would make you say that? I've said I'm not looking for ultimate handling. The last thing I want/need on this car is a set of coilovers. I have an M3 as a weekender/track car. This is a daily.

I'll settle for a car as capable as an OE 3 series. This car isn't even close to that.

I want the most cost effective OE shock replacement to make the car even remotely adequate for a daily commute, including harsh city roads.

My M3 with, 500/600# springs actually rides better than the 135 does stock. Crashing into the bump stops at least once a week, if not more, oscillating constantly, it's a joke. I'm not alone in this assessment. It's a common, documented complaint.

Again, happy to go with yellows or the billies, both of which I've run in the past, but wanted to see if anyone has tried the KYBs. For the money, it's certainly seemed worth at least asking around to see if anyone has run them.

If you haven't tried them, I'm not sure what you can contribute to the thread.
Appreciate 0