BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKumarM3 View Post
Thanks for your response.

Honestly, a real PURE m car should be a high revving naturally aspirated motor. The spy shots show a red line of 7000rpm and all rumors lead to turbo charged motors . The e9x m3 revs to 8000+rpm. I want a cruiser that will give me power lower in the rpm range, rather than me continually having to keep the car in the higher rpms - hence the choice of a 135.

My main goals is to not touch the motor of the car. I trust BMW engineering over basement engineering, but that is my decision. I am sure the JB3 and Procede are great, but I think bmw made the car the way it is for a specific reason. Its one of the main reasons I made this thread! The motor feels more active than it does in my e90! I love this car!

No f/i for the e46 m3. I don't trust a turbo car on the track - as that is the E46 M3's main purpose
I agree but times are changing and so are M cars. Out with the old and in with the new. Turbos are here to stay and plenty of torque down low is the trend. I'm not complaining here, I love the rush and the power is more usable for daily driving. Sure the 135i feels like a slouch above 6k but there's always going to be trade-offs. I'd hang out for the 1M. You seem like a genuine car enthusiast so I wouldn't want anything short of the best. BMW makes cars like the 1M, M3, M5 etc for a specific breed of person. I think you'd appreciate what the 1M is as you've already fallen in love with the 135i. My advice to anyone and everyone buying a 135i today is to hold out for the 1M because it's going to be that much better. This isn't to say they 135i isn't already one hell of a car though.
Appreciate 0