06-17-2009, 03:15 PM   #33
MadMan77
↓↓↓ Ex-Con ↓↓↓
Guam
Rep
Drives: Jet Black '08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xin1120 View Post
I may have some good news or if you wanna consider it good news to those of you having the same problems as me with EFXs throwing codes. I drove today in the hot sun (which usually gives me codes) but set my headlights to the on position as opposed to sensor position. No codes were thrown when the headlights are on. Then I changed it back to the sensor position and within 5 minutes I got the warning light so I switch it back to on which didn't have anymore problems. Our car turns off the headlamps when it is switched off so you don't have to worry about running down your battery if you forget to turn them off.

My only guess on why this fixes the problem is that the LEDs are not getting enough power when during daylight. If i remember correctly, our angel eyes dim during daylight from the sensor and are fully on during night time. So, by switching the headlamps to fully on, it must have sent full power to the coronas.

Nonetheless, I have GP Thunders 7500k on order and will do a full comparison between the two sets when they arrive.
Negative. You have that backwards. The angel eyes receive full power when the xenon lights are OFF. They are dimmed only when the xenon lights are on.

I saw it very clearly when I had my GPs installed. Blue with the lights off and yellowish when they were dimmed with the lights on.

I am going to have to agree with the others above about the silver ballast over-heating when they are at full power and the outside temps are higher.

BTW, mine just started trowing codes but, like the others, only when my lights are off.