View Single Post
      12-16-2012, 02:32 PM   #9
Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #739/740

Garage List
Thanks for your story...That early period was a crazy time with lots of miss and disinformation. In Jan 2011 I also was in serious debate with myself as only 6 months earlier I bought a 2011 135i instead of an E92 M3 like I really wanted. Then Dec 2010 BMW announces the 1M...an ///M version of an already great car...so I debated and read and listened and debated and read more and more reviews, 95% saying what a great car the 1M was, months and months went by, reading and rereading the reviews, watching Top Gear too many times, finally decided to make the commitment to find one. So I placed deposits in Florida and a number of military sales offices here in Germany. Luckily I was called and given 10 minutes to make a decision...one I said yes to and ended up getting the car but with the unfortunate situation of two brand-new 2011 BMWs in my driveway which meant two car payments and insurance.

After 6 months of that I was able to sell my 135...so in the end it worked out.....but we all know that is lady luck and fate had a huge hand in that...it was meant to be.

Like others have posted, the secondary market is alive and well...So if you want a 1M...make the commitment in your head and go get it. GLW finding your car.
Attached Images