View Single Post
      04-03-2008, 10:13 PM   #21
eunosracr
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocker View Post
ok, not cools turbos, that was left during an edit. When you blow off atmospheric instead of diverting you are running cooler because your not recirculating the uncompressed hot air thru the diverter valves, instead you are blowing it out.
But, my bad just reading more into it right now, people have found the ones to use. It was just in the beginning people were running out and snagging up any BOV to throw on it. My info was outdated and for that I apologize. I would like to see numbers, if there is any change. If not, why would you do the install?
No worries man. The BOV is supposed to reduce the chance of compressor surge and allow the turbos to spool quicker. I have also read that the stock plastic diverter valves may fail at higher boost levels. Being that im running 14.5 lbs i dont want those stock valve cracking and leaking. Perhaps some of the real techs on here can chime in as my knowledge is somewhat limited as well. All in all this is a great forum and we are all here to learn from each other! I know I have learned tons from the people on here.
Appreciate 0