View Single Post
      03-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #15
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Tires stop the car, the brakes stop the wheels. Tires make THE biggest difference to performance.

A good set of pads is the next most important selection. Unless you are running a full track pad, there is not much point in upgrading to bigger brakes. You need a pad meant to run in the temperature range you are using them at. Best pads I have used on many of my cars are Raybestos ST-43's, actually a NASCAR compound. Long life and great wear. But this is a track only compound, don't work very well at street speeds, and will chew up the rotors until they get warm.

Track pads are for the track only, street pads for the street. Just change them out at the track, only takes a couple minutes. Although, many compounds are incompatible with each other. I know that Hawk pads are all compatible with each other, so you can use a street pad, then switch to a track pad without worrying about compound incompatibility.

As for the seats, I always use the locking of the seat belt method when using stock belts, works like a charm. Also learning to keep yourself braced against the dead pedal helps.
Appreciate 0