10-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #25
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapman1977 View Post
That's exactly what I have red somewhere - high flow cats in the 1M in the DP's as well as in the mid section...don't ask me where though.

Cheers
Even if the mid pipes are also "high flow" they are no where as high flowing as a catless midpipe, N55, Maddad etc. Plus they contribute to drone syndrom very much, since just a mid pipe change cured most if not all of the drone issues among many users. So, I would say mid pipe should definitely be the first mechanical part (together with charge pipe they say, but I will take my chances on that one till my warranty expires or the thing just fails) to go in the case of a stock 1M, high flow or identical to regular N54 mids do not change this fact.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0