View Single Post
      03-19-2013, 10:55 PM   #1
Uptempo80
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228iC -picked up 8-13-16!

Rear ended. BMW dealership body shop replacing buper. Paint matching nightmares!?

I was rear ended in my 11 128i vert by a sloppy middle aged lady in green 96' Nissan 240sx. Lady had no car insurance and her car was lucky if it was worth $1,500.

I didn't want to be waiting long so the car is in the shop insurance covered job. I opted fro my best choice a BMW dealership certified body shop who has a painter who has air brushed my car before (rock chips on the hood) The paint matching was good...but rock chips are harder to match than a panel such as a bumper.

I'm getting a replacement bumper, and hardware. Insurance estimate is $1100.
Long story short I'm going to have trouble sleeping tonight worrying about how the paint will come out. Will it match good enought to please me. Probably not. The body shop manager knows how OCD I am, and he stated that the paint will not match perfectly. That's really alarming. How horrible will this come out.

Very POd. 3 years of being ridiculously careful and early enough I just lost my factory paint. Talk about problems down the road...discoloration and so forth. Man and I really wanted to keep this car 8+ years.

Any insight about other's panel/bumper repaint stories..would be helpful.
2013 320i sedan (Sapphire Black Metallic, Black/Black)
2016 228i convertible (Mineral White, Oyster Leather, Luxury Line)
Appreciate 0