View Single Post
      02-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #355
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
As regards your 1M roaming the Belgian roads: maybe you already feature in this list of almost 130.

Getting a courtesy car during maintenance is possible. Renting should be possible. Depends a bit on the dealership policy. In the event of accident repairs, your insurance or road assistance insurer might take care of this aspect too, depending on the agreed insurance policy terms.

Personally got no experience regarding the Wijnegem dealership, so cannot make statements about them.

As to the car alarm, I don't recall personally undertaking specific measures. Insurance company approved on the basis of the proper information received. I guess my insurance broker took care of transferring the required info. Should check my car docs.

Re alcohol control. Yeah, sometimes you get a "BOB" hanger. Belgian road safety campaigns smartly introduced the term "BOB" to designate a person who deliberately refuses to consume alcohol beverages before driving the car, because (s)he wants to safely bring back home his/her friends after a night of stepping out. Repeated awareness campaigns were successful. It even became an expression: "Let's decide who of us is gonna be BOB tonight" and in restaurants: "Wine or beer ? No thanks, I'm BOB tonight"). I did not know they gave alcohol gifts as an incentive. Are you sure that it was not some sort of drinks promo team instead of the police ?
THX mate, For statistics it's the most abundant local color, just don't care for any public listings.

The insurance gives a 1 month grace period for the certificate. It may become a problem if you don't have it when you file a related claim.

I remember the BOB stuff from way back when (grew up in the lowlands), and to be fair, the stuff they handed out was not the alcohol itself, just what you mix with it to make (or fake) cocktails
Appreciate 0