Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwbreed View Post
Man y'all r a tough bunch. The dude asked what parts look good in cf not if your opinion on cf wrap vs real cf.

I don't think your above statement is totally true man. Now I'd say if you wrap a spoiler or a lip in cf then yes that's going cheap compaired to if you just bought the real thing. But as far I as a roof goes is there even a company that makes a real cf overlay to fit the one series roof? I haven't seen one. So if you wanted that look for your roof then wrap is pretty much the only way to go unless you had someone custom fabricate a sheet to fit which would be very expensive I'm sure and most wouldn't want to spend that even if you can afford it. All I'm saying is (for the roof anyway) it can't be considered looking like you're trying to have something you can't afford if no one makes a real cf replacement. And some people care nothing about functionality. He may strictly like the cf look and care less about what it weighs. If that's the case he would probobly not care if someone thought he's just trying to pretend he has light weight parts he can't afford if all he wanted was that look.

So if this is your opinion with cf wrap does that mean that everyone who buys replicas of forged or 3 piece wheels are trying to look like they can afford something they can't? I have forged wheels an I bought them strictly for the style they were. I could care less that they were forged. Had I found a set similar to them that weren't that were offered in the right offset Ida bought them instead but I couldn't. Point im trying to make is if a persons doing something for looks an functionally dosent matter then they probobly aren't thinking man I hope people think this is real an I look like I'm a baller lol.
But BMW has put real CF roofs on M3s so putting a vinyl one on your 1 is about the same as putting the M badge on the rear. You can do it, but it's fake.
Well I could think of a couple other examples of things that only come on ///M cars that a good amount of the community still likes to do and finds attractive (quad exhaust) and they don't get flamed for it. If the above is your opinion that's fair. But no need to be Condescending about it implying that he can't afford the "best parts" in your opinion for his car.

2013 BMW 135i Alpine white/coral red JB4 stage 2/ AFE stage 2 sealed intake box/ VRSF 3.5 inch catless dp/ Dinan exhaust/ Alpine V3 6000k HID angel eyes/ JB speed AW rear lip spoiler/ OEM mud flaps. ER charge pipe/ VRSF 7 inch FMIC forge star CF5s 19x8.5 and 19x9
Appreciate 0