View Single Post
      09-28-2011, 12:48 PM   #8
eogintz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi coupe

Hi Guys,

Had car checked out by indy this morning and he did a full diagnostic and battery test.

He said no fault or error codes found and that center light in battery was slightly green but not bright green. He said that battery is OK but not fully charged. Also said that ipod would have no effect. Recommended that I either drive it more or that he put it on charger and for regular maintenance use a battery tender once a week. After further discussion he felt that a good two hour drive would charge it more fully so that's what I did. I took a long drive and we will see how things work out.
First time that I went to this place which was highly rated on bimmerforums and a great experience. Without an appt. he took car right away and spent over a half hour doing computerized diagnostics. He then gave me results and options and would not charge me. BMW quoted me $135 for computerized diagnostic test. His shop while not fancy was certainly busy. Nice to see a good straight guy happy with what he does and busy. He told me that he owns an M5 and could perform any work that a dealer could do.
Ed
Appreciate 0